Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My car hurt his leg. He walks around fine but every now and

Customer Question

My car hurt his leg. He walks around fine but every now and then he'll start crying for a few hours and limp around, then will be fine again. Is his leg broken, sprained? What should I do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

Because of Simba's young age, this is most likely a mild sprain that hurts when he places his foot a certain way. Unfortunately, there is no safe over the counter medication for cats so the best thing you can do for your sweet guy now is to attempt to keep him as immobile as possible to allow this to heal. You can put him in a carrier ...usually, 1 week of this is enough to get him back to normal. Of course, if he does not respond or get worse, take him to your vet,. In most cases, this will resolve on its own.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Hi Brett,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Simba. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta