Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My dog's skin in turning grey

Customer Question

my white dog's skin in turning grey
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 13 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

The appearance of this grey skin is usually caused by years of scratching that has altered the pigment of the skin from the irritation. This will not harm your sweet Mishka and since she is older, this may remain, even if you can stop her form scratching at these areas. It will help to apply a cortisone ointment to these areas every 12 hrs which will add moisture to her skin and will help decrease the amount of irritation that has caused this. But, like I said, this will not harm your sweet Mishka.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 11 days ago.
Hi Phyllis,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Mishka. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta