Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

He has a cyst on his that ruptured. Got a lot of stuff out

Customer Question

He has a cyst on his butt that ruptured. Got a lot of stuff out of it. What can I do. For him
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He is 13 yes old very bad hips
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Wheezer
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 4 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay thank you. I would take him to a Vet but can't afford it.

Hello again

Sorry to hear Wheezer has this problem, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Provided this is just a cyst then I have known owners resolve such situations by applying a poultice to the area with warm salt water for at least five minutes four times a day. An easy way to do this is to soak pads of kitchen towel in warm salt water and hold them against the area, this could help draw out any remaining discharge and salt water can be active against infections. You may need to change them three or four times to hold the heat. Then apply the likes of Neosporin right in to any open areas.

2. I know this may be hard but if the cyst does not quickly start to resolve or markedly deteriorates in any way then you should seek hands on veterinary help if at all possible. It could be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics will be required or you are dealing with a lesion other than a cyst.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you. I will try that

Please let me know how you get on ...

Regards,

Dr Scott