Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She is drinking water fine. Threw up once yesterday morning

Customer Question

She is drinking water fine. Threw up once yesterday morning (food) and once I. The afternoon (water). She was fine for 24 hours. Did not feed her. This mid afternoon she got sick again after trying to feed her plain chicken. She is a rescue and has severe separation anxiety when I try and leave.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Not that I know of. A friend gave her a piggy war while she watched her Saturday night. She is still a puppy and only had a few days. About 7 months old. Super skinny. Fleas like crazy, been trying to bathe her to get rid of them in flea bath stuff. And have her flea medicine on her neck about a week ago.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Zanie
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Zanie?
Customer: She was found on the street covered in fleas. The lady that rescues her had her shots all done up and been chipped.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 18 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Can she keep any water down at this stage?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Any diarrhea?