Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

She is not eating or drinking very much. She has had

Customer Question

she is not eating or drinking very much. She has had vomiting and regurgitation off and on for several years. Just ruled out mega esophagus with x-ray at emergency pet hospital yesterday and we are looking at $5,000 in testing to determine (maybe) what is wrong. Bowels Movements are normal.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No, but she did have a blackish liquid in her crate several weeks ago that seemed to have no odor and no food particles in it.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Cookies
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Cookies?
Customer: She is still wagging her tail and has lost 8 pounds in a year and 3 of those in the last 30 days.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 15 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of Cookie's lastest test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy at home but her vet can give you one which you can scan into your computer and then give me the file link or you can photograph the pages and upload them by using the paperclip icon (if you can see that icon) or by using an external app such as

Has therapy to address presumptive inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) been attempted with an immunosuppressive dose of a glucocorticosteroid such as prednisone, the antiinflammatory antibiotic metronidazole, or both?