Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

We have a westie that is 14 and now partially paralyzed due

Customer Question

we have a westie that is 14 and now partially paralyzed due to a tumor. i want to put her down at home. can you tell me how to do this?
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 13 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The only procedure available for at-home euthanasia is to contact a mobile veterinarian to have the service performed. If you will provide your city, state and zipcode, I'll be happy to see if there is a mobile vet in your area that offers euthanasia services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

What is your city, state and zip code?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
i just want to know how i can put my dog down at home.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
is there no way for me to do this myself?

You would need medication that would otherwise stop your dog's heart. Because of the gravity of such a result, medications that do precisely that are not available to layfolk such as ourselves. Therefore, no, this is not something that can be done at home without the assistance of a vet.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
well, i thank you for your time, but this has been a waste of $19. not your fault, but frustrating, nonetheless.

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, there are some procedures that we cannot, as owners, perform on our own. Inducing death is one of them. Good luck.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
you think that it's cool to throw a cheap shot with "inducing death"? as a "mommy" to a dog/dogs, i suppose you have no wish to ease them out of this life when the time comes? apparently you have 2 out of 5 stars for a reason....

I apologize if you're offended, JACustomer, however there was no cheap shot sent your direction. If I had no wish to ease them out of this life, I wouldn't be recommending that you contact a veterinarian and offering to help you find one that can offer precisely that service for your companion.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
will not throw money away on this website again, and certainly will recommend that others do not frequent this site as well.thank you for your "assistance".

Good luck in your pursuits. I hope you're able to locate a veterinarian who can help you. If you need more assistance, just let us know.