Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

He was biting his tail raw and we removed a tiny rock hard

Customer Question

he was biting his tail raw and we removed a tiny rock hard something with a small black dot in it. we have now discovered has several more of his tail. My husband says it's not a tick so what could this be??
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: He is 5 years old, a multese chiwawa mix, more multese and his names is mac
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about mac?
Customer: He was just at the vet this week for his updated shots.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 13 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

Can you share a picture of what you're seeing both on his body and after you'e removed it?