Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog just got a hold of a box of Milk Bone Brushing Chews.

Customer Question

My dog just got a hold of a box of Milk Bone Brushing Chews. I think she ate about 10 of them. Should I make her vomit? or will she be ok?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 month ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Hello again Carolyn,

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. This sort of incident is not likely to be extremely serious or life threatening, however Phoebe may suffer quite a bout of indigestion over the next 24 to 48 hours or perhaps have a bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea.

2. If you want to play safe and also save her any uncomfortable side effects one of the best things you can do in this sort of situation is to make your dog sick immediately and try recover the milk bones that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things should be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

3. However if you fail to induce vomiting and any odd symptoms occur then you should have your dog checked over by a vet without delay. But in any case I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if Phoebe's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much. I appreciate your help.

No problem, glad to be advising you ...

Regards,

Dr Scott

Hello again Carolyn,

I am just checking back in to see how Phoebe is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the milk bone episode ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hi ***** *****,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Phoebe. How is everything going?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is doing great. Thanks so much!

Good news! Thanks for the update ...

Regards,

Dr Scott