Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My dog just ate my 10 mg oxycodone, the kind with no aspirin

Customer Question

My dog just ate my 10 mg oxycodone, the kind with no aspirin and no tylenol. She is a 3 year old German shepherd and she weighs 57 pounds. Does she need to be rushed to the emergency vet 2 hours away. We live in the middle of nowhere.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ursa
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ursa?
Customer: No, she is perfectly healthy. In fact she just had her yearly check up.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 15 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 15 days ago.

Freind, 10mg of oxycodone is Not going to be life threatening to 57 lbs Ursa, she may become a little sleepier than usual otherwise she will be fine. No need to rush her to ER veterinarian.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter