Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

We have a 10 year old, house trained dog, that has in the

Customer Question

We have a 10 year old, house trained dog, that has in the past month started peeing on our living room carpet. She will still go outside to pee, or sometimes downstairs in the laundry room, where we have pee pads down for her. She keeps peeing in the same area of the living room. She has been drinking more than usual, also. I have also been gone for most of the past month, due to my Mother being hospitalized, so our dog has been home with just my husband. I wondered about "separation anxiety", but I am really worried.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

I am sorry to hear about this change in Koppyr. Give me a moment to type up an answer.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 12 days ago.

If she is drinking more water than usual, I suspect she has a physical problems causing her to urinate indoors. She could have a bladder infection, have diabetes, or have a condition called Cushing's disease (over active adrenal glands) that makes her drink more water, which makes her have to urinate more, and have urgency with urination, so that she does not make it outside. If she has been housetrained for 10 years, and is not now, it is probably an illness.

I would do a urinalysis before putting her in diapers; this might improve by treating a medical condition.

Let me know if this helps and what other questions you have.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 11 days ago.

I hope you were able to see my responses. I have not heard back from you!

Please let me know if this was helpful and if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 8 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Koppyr. How is everything going?