Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Shepinois puppy age 3 months turning nose up at kibble will

Customer Question

shepinois puppy age 3 months turning nose up at kibble will eat if given by hand as treat can I mix wet food with the kibble and not cause problems?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Tesa
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Tesa?
Customer: everything else is normal per vet she is in a puppy class treats are the rewards as well as praise. I use a variety including boiled chicken with training. she is active and extremely intelligent
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Tesa. It is unusual for a growing puppy to not eat well. What kibble are you feeding?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 month ago.

You can try mixing in canned food with the kibble to get her to eat. If she is not used to canned food, start with small amounts so she does not get diarrhea.

Does she already have any diarrhea, or vomiting? Are her stools well formed?