Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

He is an old westie, he confused and has been panting and

Customer Question

hi ,he is an old westie, he confused and has been panting and kicking his legs he seems to have had some kind of seizure.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What sort of animal are we talking about?
Customer: west highlasnd white terrier he is 16 years old and is very confused and foam ha come from his mouth only a small amount it seems like he has had some kind of stroke
JA: OK. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the terrier's name?
Customer: jack
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about jack?
Customer: just that he is an old dog
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 16 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

It does sound that your sweet jack is having seizures This , along with the confusion, tells us that there is a chance that he is suffering from liver failure or even a brain tumor. This causes serious neurologic issues as you are seeing and this will require testing at your vet. Until you can get him to your vet, make sure that he is comfortable, give him a few teaspoons of Pedialyte every 4 hrs to be sure he remains hydrated and you can give him Benadryl at 1 mg per pound of Jack's weight every 12 hrs which may make him drowsy and slow down the seizures.

Take Jack to your vet as soon as possible. I cannot tell you what else to do at home because we do not know what is causing this until the testing is sorry! Do the best you can....

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for the advice, i have had our local Vet look at him and he seems to concur with your diagnosis, he is now receiving treatment, thank you again.
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 10 days ago.

That is so great!! Thanks for letting me know. I sure hope your sweet Jack will do well.