Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

I have 3 dogs, weights ranging from 40lbs, 60 lbs, and 90

Customer Question

I have 3 dogs, weights ranging from 40lbs, 60 lbs, and 90 lbs. They ate a container of peanuts. The label says it contains 90mg per 1/4 cup. There are 34 servings in the container. What should I do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Buster 10, Brody 7, Harley 1 1/2 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brody?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 5 months ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you.

Hello again

I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Peanuts are completely non toxic to dogs so no problem there, however one or more of your dogs may have a mild transient bout of vomiting and / or diarrhoea purely due to to the sudden ingestion of an unusual rich food source for dogs, but this should soon pass should it occur.

2. The best thing to do is just to monitor your dogs for present but keep them on light feeding for the next 24 - 48 hours, of course contact a local vet if any odd symptoms occur which make you concerned, but this would be unlikely.

3. Also I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if any of your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how your dogs are getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the peanuts ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?