Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

My dog is wobbly, off balance and has been drooling. she is

Customer Question

my dog is wobbly, off balance and has been drooling. she is eating. I gave her eggs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do with the drooling. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: she's a shihtzu Chelsea and she is about 9 months old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Chelsea
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Chelsea?
Customer: the only thing I can think of is that we have all these caterpillars on our patio and I don't know if she ate one of those ok
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 19 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 19 days ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

2- How long has this been going on?

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 19 days ago.

I'll follow up for Dr. Peter for you. We're mostly concerned with such a young dog ingesting something inappropriate such as a prescription or recreational drug such as the THC in marijuana when ataxia ("drunken sailor") and drooling/vomiting is seen. Is that a possibility? Her eating is a positive prognostic sign.