Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We just bought a mini English bulldog. She is eight weeks

Customer Question

We just bought a mini English bulldog. She is eight weeks old. Her belly seems bulgy and she has diarrhea. What should I be doing
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Is she acting fine otherwise? Any history of vaccines? Any blood in the diarrhea?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No blood and diarrhea. Just had her first set of shots. We only got her yesterday. Not sure what normal behavior would be.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I just paid for the app. Not paying for a call too!

Okay thanks for the additional information. Do you know if she was dewormed? A common cause for a swollen belly is intestinal parasites. Therefore I would recommend submitting a fecal sample to your veterinarian to get it tested. Even if she was dewormed, common dewormers may only treat 2 or three common intestinal parasites that puppies may get. But there are other parasites that they can get that may need a prescription to treat.

The request for the call may be an automatic prompt from the website not myself. So I am fine continuing this way