How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Amanda Your Own Question
Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 799
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Amanda is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 105 lb lab ate ate 8 oz of brownie bites which are made

Customer Question

my 105 lb lab ate brownies ate 8 oz of brownie bites which are made up of chocolate liquor and cocoa butter
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the ounce will be able to digest that. What is the ounce's name and age?
Customer: brady , 5 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about brady?
Customer: no typical lab
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 6 months ago.

Hi,

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog ate the chocolate.

I would recommend making her vomit to remove as much of the chocolate from her stomach as possible to minimize the risk of toxic effects.

The best way to make her vomit is to give her hydrogen peroxide by mouth. I would give her 3 to 4 tablespoons worth. She should vomit within 5 to 15 minutes.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 6 months ago.

How is the vomiting going?

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 6 months ago.

Hi,

How is Brady doing? Were you able to make him vomit after eating the chocolate? Any problems?

Dr. Amanda

Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 6 months ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Amanda