Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 2 year French dog. She all of a sudden is acting!

Customer Question

I have a 2 year young French bull dog. She all of a sudden is acting nuts! She cant get close enough to my hubby & I, CURLING ROUND AND ROUND, SHE LOOKS OUTSIDE FOR PLACES TO DIG HOLES, SHE CRAWLS UNDER LADDERS, BETWEEN STEPS, UNDER BEDS. ETC. IT'S LIKE SHES NESTING? SHE HAD A PERIOD IN JULY, AND WE HAVE NOT SPAYED HER AS OF YET BECAUSE WE ARE SCARED ABOUT THE ANESTHESIA. WE TOOK HER TO PVSEC AND WOULD ONLY HAVE THEM DO IT IF WE DO. SHE WILL BE 2 NEXT WEEK AND NOW SHE WONT GO FOR WALKS EITHER. WE HAVE HAD HER TO PVSEC BEFORE BECAUSE SHE "SCOOTS" SHE SCOOTS WITH HER BEHIND ON AND OFF DAILY, WE JUST GOT USED TO IT AND CONTRIBUTE IT TO THE FACT SHE CANT REACH BACK THERE TO SCRATCH OR LICK .. SHES A DEAR..SHE EATS, SLEEPS ABOUT 20 HRS A DAY AND IS A GOOD DOG, BUT THIS NEW THING IS BAFFLING US? ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog is acting so strangely. You mentioned that it seems like she is nesting? Is she trying to find bedding or a hole/cave to hide in? Is she also moving her toys around? Does she have any swelling of her vulva or nipples?

Please let me know the answers to these questions so I can help you further.

Dr. Amanda

How is Chloe this evening? Is she still acting strangely?