Dr:D, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  27 years of small animal medicine and surgery experience.Licensed in Florida and Canada

3 month old puppy was fine and when I got home from work she

Customer Question

3 month old puppy was fine and when I got home from work she only wanted tone lay around and vomited overnight with diarrhea. What can I do for her.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr:D replied 15 days ago.

Hello there , I am DrD , I will try to answer to your question ,

Please be aware that vomiting and diarrhea may be caused by a virus, intestinal parasites , diet change or a foreign object.

I recommend you to talk to your veterinarian ASAP.

In the Meantime stop feeding her for 12 hours. Keep the fresh water in front of her all the time. Start feeding with chicken broth, boiled rice with no butter, or hamburger. Small amounts and often.

I would like you to know that I can not diagnose or prescribe any medication without a proper hands on exam.I recommend to my clients to give Pepto Bismol, 1 mL per 10 pounds, every 12 hours, plus you can try a daily pro-biotic such as Culturelle ( ) 1 a day in her/his drinking water or Florastor( 1-2 capsules/or powder packets a day. And OTC Pepcid 0.5 mg/kg every 12 hours . This is what I suggest to my own clients with a previous exam history with my clinic. I strongly recommend a hands on exam ASAP.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Thank you for using JA services.

Expert:  Dr:D replied 13 days ago.
Hi Shelly,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Omnia. How is everything going?