Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }

She just wont eat or drink much water lathargic resently for

Customer Question

She just wont eat or drink much water lathargic resently for sure today
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sandy 4
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sandy?
Customer: Not really .she just looks sad
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 22 days ago.

Hi,I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your question now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next ten minutes or so.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ok thank you
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Ill take her to vet tomorrow

Just typing out your answer now ...

Hello again

Sorry to hear Sandy is unwell, however I have worked out an answer for you below.

1. Having read your question through I have to say that what you should do just to be on the safe side is have a vet check your dog over sooner rather than later { As you intend to do } . The reason I say this is that while the symptoms you describe would not allow me or any other vet to pin this down to any one particular disease via the internet the fact that she has become suddenly lethargic and does not want to eat makes me think that it is possible that Sandy is running a temperature and so may be in the grip of some kind of infection. This would be the commonest cause of what you are seeing in her age group although of course other diagnosis are also possible.

2. I normally like to suggest home remedies if I can do this safely but in your case I think it is not worth the risk as it could well be that prescription drugs such as antibiotics would be what is needed if she is indeed running a temperature. In the meantime until you can get Sandy to a vet all you can do is to keep her comfortable and reassured and make sure she is taking fluids regularly.

3. However I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if her condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Was quick with response and advice..i will be going to the vet today thank you

Thanks for the kind comment, please be kind enough to rate me using the site system ...

Dr Scott