Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She was playing with some cherry looking berries from a tree

Customer Question

she was playing with some cherry looking berries from a tree and i attempted to take it from her but she swalled it... she has been having diarrhea for the past 3 days now
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Soraka
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Soraka?
Customer: thats all... the stool is a normal color no black in the stool and its starting to get solide
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 23 days ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I'm sorry to hear about Soraka's stool situation. You do feel like it is getting back to normal? Before it started, did she have any other things change like new treats or foods? Get into a bunch of table scraps? Is she still eating and drinking well at this time?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
nice to meet you Dr. Bruce. i have been noticing that her stool has been getting less watery and more clumpy... she is still eating and drinking regularly. I did change from chicken and rice food to a lamb food from Purina. she has not changed treats and i on occasion feed her a wet meal of rice and chicken so that she doesn't just have the dry meal. she loves bully sticks... i heard that they may give the dog issues if consumed all the time. she is still very active pup though. she is 8 months
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 23 days ago.

I'm sorry for my delay as I got pulled away briefly. That is good that she's still eating and drinking regularly. The change of food honestly is something that if that happened right at the beginning of the diarrhea starting would be the most suspect cause for all this. Changes of food can cause brief stints of diarrhea. When diet changes are made, it can be lessened if this is done over a week by going 1/3 new food to 2/3 old for a couple days, then 1/2 and 1/2 for a couple days, and then 2/3 new to 1/3 old for a couple days before going to all new. At this point with her now getting more used to the new food and the stools getting better, it would seem very reasonable that just more time is needed for them to get all the way back to normal.