Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Gave my dog heart worm medicine now she is shaking everytime

Customer Question

gave my dog heart worm medicine now she is shaking everytime she moves
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I need to get some more information. What is her name? What specific heart worm medication was given? Has she received this in prior months?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
shea, yes she has
yellow lab 74 lbs year and a half
heartgard plus
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
enough with the money offers just please help this is crazy now
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
for real my dog is in trouble.... and i keep paying more money....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Dr.Bruce??? my man where you at?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
when she is laying down she is oaky, her head i bobbing when she is laying, anytime she tries to get up she is shaking alot...

Still here!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
welllllllll waiting for some help brooooooo

I'm sorry about the other offers!!! I can't control all that. Something with the site must have updated because lots of people today have been saying enough with the other offers!!!! I love the yellow labs! They usually are pretty laid back. So Shea got her normal dose of heartgard plus and she's had this numerous times in the past?

How long ago did she last eat and drink? Has she had any vomiting?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
dude enough with the small talk bs.... you ignored me for 10 min just help me with my dog so i can love her too.....
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
no vomiting, i just gave her a half cup of food (1/3 of normal meal) about 20 minutes ago with a tablespoon of peanut butter, she struglled to eat which is not not not at all like her

Just trying to be personable. Always seems to help owners feel a little more comfortable. By struggling to eat, did she just eat it slower than normal? Did she seem painful.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
slower, and yes it seemed like it was hard to get steady enough to grab a bite
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
sir??????? with all due respect could you please focus on this converstation and help.... you have your money

Do you feel that she can walk pretty normally at this time? How old is Shea? I'm going to be honest and say my suspicion for the Heartgard being the cause of this is pretty unlikely. IF she's had it before and she got her normal dose, then it seems extremely unlikely. Is she on any other medications?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i told you this already!!!!!!!!!no she can't at all, she shakes
year and a halfno other medications
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
she has been sitting on the couch for the night while i was finishing up work on the computer... when i turned to go play withe her after being done she was super strange only thing that happened what heartgurad
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
has been almost*****bruce... is there anyway you can please answer any faster... she is getting worse and honestly bro this is boarder line questioning if you care or not
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
DR.BRUCE!?!?!?!?!!??!?!?!?!!?!!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!

I'm going to be very honest here and say that if she can't get up and walk at all and is shaking, then this is something that is an emergency. Could she be having a seizure? Could she be having a toxic reaction to something? These are very much my concerns and if it is progressing that fast, then she needs to get to an ER clinic to be further evaluated. There isn't much that you can do at home if it is progressing like this.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
wow
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
you were zero and i mean absolutely zero help, wasted 20 plus minutes of my time and my money.please do not make another pet owner who is stress, scared, and worried crazy about their loved one go through what you just made me do sir.

I wrote that as it sounds like based on your descriptions she is down and just laying there shaking. She's not able to walk and this is progressing rapidly. Obviously I'm not there and your concern is great. I don't want this to continue to progress if it is going as fast as you state. I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm trying to help as best as I can.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
taking over 20 mintues to get to an answer that could of been handled in 4 minutes tops would of been helpingshe is unconsuous and not breathing, my better half is already taking her to hospital
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
any advice to give her on the way???? also shea is a therapy dog

I'm very sorry to hear about this progression. I'm not right there to see how things are progressing. In situations like this, this is the limitation of this media. Getting a history is a part of trying to help owners out. At my ER, I get very to the point as I can see how critical the case is and I couldn't get a good feel here. As far as getting her to the ER clinic, just make sure she's in a position in the car where she can't fall off and hurt herself during the drive. Have a blanket under her to help move her.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
your lack of answering and refusal to take my call when requested is the main fault.... not the not being here.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the least you could do is go through the process of getting me my refund... as i know have somthing larger to deal with that iw as hoping to avoid by going on here

I personally am not set up to field a call. That is something that the site itself offers without myself making it. I can send this off to the moderator for help with the refund. I wish the best for you and Shea.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
dr.bruce like i said please please do not do this to anyone again..... its not right, not how to treat people when they are coming to you for help
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
end this so i can call someone
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
serisouly end this converstaion so i can rate you and get my refund