Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She's a 4/5 month old small puppy who had hurt her foot

Customer Question

She's a 4/5 month old small puppy who had hurt her foot earlier today while I was gone for approximately 2 hours. My son called me when he got home from school and said she had a little bit of blood coming from her paw. I can't find anything and she's not limping anymore however she is pacing around a lot coma and it almost seems like she is trying to hide, whimpering and looking extremely sad. All are very strange behaviors for her.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: Yes but she shakes a lot and barely lets me look
JA: The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about me?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 22 days ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a licensed veterinarian with more than twenty years of experience. I'm here to help with your question about your puppy's injured paw. I'm so sorry you and your daughter are having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided. I'll do my best to earn your good rating, because that's the only way I receive any compensation for helping you.In the meantime, in order to help me help you better, I'll need some more information. To start with, can you please tell me:Is she otherwise healthy and eating and drinking and going to the bathroom normally?Where was she when the injury happened?What is your question for me this evening?I'll be standing by and awaiting your reply.Thank you.