DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med

My dog ate an Aleve Arthritis pill this morning before I

Customer Question

My dog ate an Aleve Arthritis pill this morning before I went to work. I didn't think it would be a problem but now after researching it I realize how dangerous it is. I'm wondering if I need to leave work to take her to an emergency vet.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rosie, 7 years
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Rosie?
Customer: She had bladder stone removal surgery a couple of months ago and is on a restricted diet.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 23 days ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Let me see if I can help. Even just one pill of Naproxen (Aleve) can cause serious toxicity in dogs. I would highly recommend that you get your dog to a vet ASAP for bloodwork and fluid supportive care and probably some GI protectants. I hope this helps and I wish you and your dog Rosie the best.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 21 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?