Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Marley is usually playful and bright and for the past 3 days

Customer Question

Marley is usually playful and bright and for the past 3 days she hasn't been herself sleeping tired in out of lethargic state then this evening she had a seizure
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Seizures always look scary. Let's get you talking to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Marley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Marley?
Customer: Well I'm staying at my mothers and we were all on back patio and somehow Morley got underneath the patio and it took forever to get her out I do not know what she was trying to get or something bit her or what Also she did get tapeworms but I went to The local vet here and got her two of those tapeworm peel medicines that was last
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 18 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Was it just one seizure? How is she since then?

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Any change in her drinking?

Are her gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Could she have eaten something she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Do you see any bites on her?