Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

When his analysis glands are swollen and inflamed will

Customer Question

When his analysis glands are swollen and inflamed will amoxiciallian help
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 24 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In there is pus and thus infection in the anal glands, then Amoxicillin can be of benefit. That said, the glands would need to be first emptied to reduce the swelling, pain,and prevent rupture. And if the were just swollen and inflamed, then emptying them could be curative and antibiotics unnecessary. Of course, if the glands are severely inflamed, then dog safe anti-inflammatories would be indicated as well.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )