Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Not sure of age probably around 5 to 7 months he has a lot

Customer Question

not sure of age probably around 5 to 7 months he has a lot of bulldog in him he was hurt badly by two big dogs don't think any internal damage neck and leg seem to be really sore he just lays will not even try to get up he needs something for pain can I give him acetaminophen he weighs about 40 lbs no vet open at this hour.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I'm sorry to hear that Buddy was injured. Have you already medicated him? If so, how many milligrams of acetaminophen were given and how long ago?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Gave him150 ml 7hrs ago gavehim150ml 1hr ago.

It sounds like you gave 150mg at each dosing. This appears to be a therapeutic dosage of acetaminophen, which should be given no more frequently than every 8 hours.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, JA Customer. How is your companion doing?