Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My 14 year old shih Tzu is lethargic, has labored breathing,

Customer Question

Hi. My 14 year old shih Tzu is lethargic, has labored breathing, wheezing. When I came home from work this is how I found her. She appeared to haVe vomited. When I put her outside to relieve herself she was swaying side to side. When I left for work this morning she was fine.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: Before I leave for work I always give her soft treats. She is not good about chewing her food. I'm concerned something is lodged in her throat. I can take her to vet in the morning but wondered what I should do in the meantime.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 22 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that it has taken so long to answer your question and so sorry that your sweet gal is not feeling well. This is unlikely caused by something lodged in her throat and more likely due to Congestive Heart Failure, Pneumonia or even a stroke...all of these at your sweet gal's age are serious and will require immediate treatment. Since this has come on so suddenly, I would worry that this is related to a stroke since she did vomit and is wobbly....see your vet as soon as possible. I cannot think of anything you can do in the meantime except hold her and keep her safe.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****

Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 20 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Loretta