Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Is shaking and hot, Snoopy he's close to one year, no

Customer Question

is shaking and hot
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Snoopy he's close to one year
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Snoopy?
Customer: no
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** will do my best to help you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is he shaking like if he was cold?

2- How long has this been going on?

3- Is he lethargic?

4- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing?

5- Did he get into anything or eat something out of the ordinary?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Since this morning
I don't know what that means
Don't know I don't think so
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Lethargic means without energy, is he?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
He moves very little
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Want to be asleep all the time
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

1- Is he walking any different?

2- Can you take a look at his gums and see if they are pink or pale?

3- Can you take his rectal temperature?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No he just want to be laying down
They are pink one side and pale on the other
I don't have a thermometer
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for answering my questions. Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 18 days ago.

I am sorry Snoopy is not feeling well; I am sure you are worried. I will try to shed some light of what may be going on. When we see a young dog like Snoopy without energy and shaking this can be caused by many different medical conditions. It will be difficult for me to determine the exact underlying cause without a hands-on examination. But, common causes are a fever, an infection, ingestion of a foreign body, pain secondary to neuromuscular disorders or abdominal pain. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home, I am sorry. Treatment for Snoopy will be based on knowing what is the underlying cause. In order to determine the exact underlying cause Snoopy will need a hands-on examination by a veterinarian. In addition, he may need some testing like blood work and x-rays. Treatment will be determined by exam and test results. I would strongly recommend having him checked today by a veterinarian. Do not give over the counter pain medication as this can make certain conditions worse and most of the over the counter pain medication are toxic to dogs. I realize that this answer may not be to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand. If cost is a concern I would look into your local ASPCA or Shelter where they often offer veterinary services at a lower cost.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Dr. Peter