Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Help!!!! My little yourkie poodle mix is so sick foaming at

Customer Question

Help!!!! My little yourkie poodle mix is so sick foaming at the mouth...can hardly move. Has really black shiny diarrhea.... He can't hardly move like he's in a lot of pain. . .please help us!!!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Now I have to say that we need to act quickly for Joseph. What you have reported suggests a significant gut bleed (that black stool is digested blood) and if he is painful as reported then we'd be worried about a perforating stomach ulcer or sharp foreign body damaging the gut. Therefore, this isn't something you can safely manage at home. You need to instead carefully lift him (hands on the best and bum, no belly pressure) and get him to his vet for examination and xray urgently. That way we can head off any life threatening damage to the gut and get him onto injectable pain relief right away. In this situation, it would be prudent to get your wee one to the emergency vet. To find your local ER veterinary clinic, you can check http://www.vetlocator.com/ or https://www.veccs.org/facility-directory/

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )