Dr. Amanda
Dr. Amanda, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Associate Veterinarian
88695179

I switched my puppies(3 month toy poodle) food Tuesday to

I switched my puppies(3 month toy poodle) food Tuesday to try and organic formula. Saturday morning he threw up liquid, and this evening he threw up twice all kindles.we gave him water three times in small doses and an hour later he threw that up.do you think it's just a reaction to his food? Or should we be more concerned and take him to an emergency clinic?

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that Gatsby is vomiting. It may be the food causing the vomiting, but if he continues to vomit, he is at risk for low blood sugar and dehydration more than a larger dog would be.
I would recommend taking him to the ER tonight. At a minimum, they can check his blood sugar and give him an injection for nausea.

I would also consider switching him back to his original food and wait a few more weeks to try switching to a different type of food.

Does this help? What other questions do you have?

Dr. Amanda

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok! Thank you! Should we try giving him water first and if he throws up again take him in? Or just take him in, in general?

No, giving water will likely make him vomit again, just because he is already nauseous.

I would just take him in.

Hi Breanne Haun,
I'm just following up on our conversation about Gatsby. How is everything going?
Dr. Amanda

How are your puppies doing now? Any more diarrhea or vomiting? Do you have any more questions?