Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Can dogs take human amoxicillin

Customer Question

can dogs take human amoxicillin
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

In regards ***** ***** question, human and dog Amoxicillin are the same antibiotic. The only difference is that often human ones will be stronger (higher milligrams) since we tend to need higher doses. But for dogs with skin, gut, bladder or wound infections that are sensitive to this antibiotic, it can be used. To learn more about it, its side effects, uses and doses in this species, you can read this link HERE.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )