Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.

My dog hasn't been feeling well all week. We took her to the

Customer Question

Hi, my dog hasn't been feeling well all week. We took her to the vet on wednesday and the test showed she had an infection. The doctor said she has a urinary bacterial infection. She gave her 3 shot of antibiotics in 3 days and 10 days of oral antibiotics. She got a little better on the 3rd day but today she woke up with really low energy, she hasn't been eating for days, she can barley open her eyes and they're really watery. I'm about to take her to the clinic but they're not open yet. please help me
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
please answer me
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 23 days ago.

Welcome to Justanswer. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian, and would like to assist you. I will respond quickly after reviewing your question.

Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.

I am so sorry that Harriet is not feeling well and the treatment has not resolved the issue. It is hard to know what may be causing this without some diagnostics but it may be that this infection has gone further than the urinary tract and this may require intensive treatment by your vet such as IV fluids and IV antibiotics. For now, give her Pedialyte, a few teaspoons every few hrs to attempt to flush out her system and give her a dose of Nutrical, available at the pet store, every few hrs. This will give her the nutrients that she needs to fight this off and also acts as an appetite stimulant. I am sure that your vet will place her on IV fluids so it is best to get her to your vet as soon as possible...I am very worried about your precious Harriet!!

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****