Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog is sugish, he has puked about 3 or 4 times in the

Customer Question

My dog is sugish, he has puked about 3 or 4 times in the last 3 days. He walks around and drinks some water but won't eat. He doesn't drink a lot of water though, it's less then his normal amount. His nose will go from warm to cold and wet off and on throughout the day. What is wrong with him, or what can I do to help?
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 23 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Holloway but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet Callie Freeman is sluggish and having some vomiting episodes for the past 3 days. That is a long time for an illness in a puppy to go on for.

I am very concerned based on these symptoms of a possible viral or bacterial infection. Also a foreign body ingestion is possible here.

Is Callie fully vaccinated? (All 3-4 rounds of puppy vaccines given 3-4 weeks apart)

Can you get Callie's rectal temperature? (normal temp is 100-102.5 degrees F)

- Dr. H

I see you've had a chance to review my reply. In case you are experiencing technical difficulties, here is a website link to the customer service page to help you.

I will await your reply for a bit to see if you wish to continue the conversation about Callie's care. Thank you.

- Dr. H