Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is experiencing excessive shedding. unbelieveable

Customer Question

my dog is experiencing excessive shedding . unbelieveable amounts ! and is itching and chewing creating hot spots. I have tried everything !every shampoo, furminator brush, hot spot spray ,and now I just gave him some benedryl . I am wondering if this is a bigger problem? no change in his food
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Drhollowayvet replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is***** but you can call me Dr. H, and I am a licensed veterinarian. I understand that your pet dog has been having excessive shedding, itching, and redness of the skin. This can be a skin allergy that is causing this or something else entirely. I really need to see the skin to be able to give more advice here.

There is an icon linked to the chat that should say something like "Add file" or "Attach photo" that you can use to share photos of his skin. Try to take several shots both up close and far away so that I can get a good look. Let me know if you have trouble and I can give you customer service information if needed.

- Dr. H

I will still await your photo attachments.

Also is your pet currently on flea/tick preventatives?

How old is your pet and what breed is he?

- Dr. H

I see you have had a chance to review my reply. In case you are having problems with the site and unable to respond, here is the customer service page to assist you. http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

I will check back periodically to see if you've had a chance to respond and would like to continue the conversation about your pet. Thank you.

- Dr. H