Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My pug puppy is giving birth but licked the pups and she

Customer Question

My pug puppy is giving birth but licked the pups and she seems scared and not interested in nursing or be around them. She hasn't delivered all of them yet. What should we do
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Richelle, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. I suspect that Dora has fnished delivering her pups at this time. Has she become more attentive to them? Primaveras (first-time bitches) and dogs very attached to their owners may not be the most attentive moms. You may need to sequester her away from you with a nesting box in a quiet unlikely to be disturbed area so she has no distractions and check in on her every few hours to see if she's nursing and aid pups in finding nipples.