Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Today we took our golden retriever to the vet and she wants

Customer Question

Today we took our golden retriever to the vet and she wants us to start using Adequan injection. In reading about Adequan they keep saying shoud be IM, however out doc recommended we give at home subQ. Is this effective.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the golden retriever?
Customer: Joint pain.
JA: What is the golden retriever's name and age?
Customer: Kali age unknown (rescue) approx 12?
JA: What is the golden retriever's name?
Customer: Her name is Kali
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Kali?
Customer: She has arthritis bad in legs....she is on Tramadol, Novox and Gabipentin and Phenobarb for seizure disorder
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Alleyne replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is***** and I am a licensed veterinarian with over 9 years of experience. I am hoping to help you with your pet today. Since I can’t physically exam your pet, I may need to respond with several follow up questions so I can best help you. Remember there is no limit on how many questions you can ask to in order to clarify any information I have provided regarding your pet. I just have a few initial questions to ask to gather some more information if you don’t mind? Has your Golden ever had Adequan in the past?