Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

What do you do for a poodle that has been peppered sprayed

Customer Question

What do you do for a poodle that has been peppered sprayed unnecessarily? Seems to be having discomfort in his nose. How long will this last?
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 27 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

It is best to flush all exposed skin copiously with cool water including the face and body. Unfortunately, any that may have gone up his nose will likely remain as an irritant until the burning stops. This typically lasts a few hours. If the discomfort is too much, you may wish to take him to your vet's office and have medications administered for the discomfort. That said, typically the symptoms are self-limiting and dogs show little, if any, lasting effects.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Customer: replied 26 days ago.