Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog ate about 2 pounds chicken cutlet marinated in Caesar

Customer Question

My dog ate about 2 pounds chicken cutlet marinated in Caesar salad dressing and cooked in oven should I make her throw up? I took for a walk for about 25 min she had 2 small bowel movements came in drank water played 6 min and laying next to me her tummy feels big
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 2 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Thankfully there's nothing toxic in the chicken cutlet marinated in Casesar salad dressing and 2 lbs of it is just a snack for an 80 lb dog. There's no reason to induce emesis or treat in any manner. As with eating anything unusual, transient gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea may arise but shouldn't need to be treated. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh my husband said their was another salad dressing mixed with it called tessemae's green goodness I guess they have the same ingredients though she had her dinner right before the chicken you made me laugh about the snack

Ask for a vet and get Henny Youngman...

The green goddess (I love it...) is similarly non-toxic to Sandy. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Very funny so what would be the amount of meat in pounds when it is necessary to make an 80 pounder upchuck 3 or more pounds?

I would be reluctant to induce emesis when a full stomach is present. That risks stomach rupture. Historically, we fast our patient and let the food pass through the GI tract unaided.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much for your kindness and good humor greatly appreciated have a great nite. Now I feel I can rest����

You're quite welcome. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you again

It's my pleasure.