Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

She was poisoned and we just picked her up from the

Customer Question

She was poisoned and we just picked her up from the much b12 can I administer...she weighs 47lbs and is almost 10 months old...what should i do?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: No she broke lose while I was working...the vet said it was nothing lethal that could kill her but she is having seizures and very tired ...
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No...other all she is healthy Over*
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 26 days ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Something doesn't jive...we might administer vitamin K for an anticoagulant rodenticide poisoning but there's no place for vitamin B12 when addressing poisonings. If she's having seizures, she needs to be treated by decontamination and anticonvulsant drugs in a hospital setting. Both the rodenticides containing bromethalin and snail bait containing metaldehyde can cause seizures. Please clarify why she was released from the vet if she's still having seizures.

Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 24 days ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?