Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My dog began throwing up bile and eating less. The vet ran

Customer Question

My dog began throwing up bile and eating less. The vet ran tests, gave him some anti-nausea meds. After 2 days of not eating at all, we took him to another vet. After spending 1500. more dollars, they said gastritis with a swollen raw esophogus, They put him on an iv and eventually sent him home with 300.00 of meds that we have to shove down his throat and said he'd eat in a couple days. Today is day 6 of not eating; 3 days since the IV. I don't have any more money. He's drinking water from a spout, won't drink from a bowl or i'd put Pedialyte in it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: We changed his food to a quality high-protein food, and then changed to another food after his appetite waned. He's 8 years old. He's not the type to chew on things or eat weird stuff.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about He 's?
Customer: He began having seizures and was put on Phenobarbital. Both vets say it has nothing to do with his stomach problems. They did xrays, full blood, urine, fecal. The xrays seems to show gastritis.
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 29 days ago.

Hi this is Dr. Evans, do you have some time to talk?

Expert:  Christi Belew replied 29 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help. Do you have to ability to scan or take a picture of your lab results and use the paperclip icon to attach them?

Since he's come home from the hospital, can you list what meds you were sent home with? Is there still vomiting or is it primarily refusal to eat?