Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

What are abnormal tcc cells found in the urin compared to

Customer Question

what are abnormal tcc cells found in the urin compared to normal tcc cells. I mean are there normal and abnormal tcc cells. I have two other questions that I will ask Aldo concerning tcc thankyoz
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

First, I have to note that TCC stands for transitional cell carcinoma. This is a type of cancer of the normal cells that line the bladder (transitional cells). Therefore I suspect the paperwork or information you have given is referring to the transitional cells being normal or abnormal. Especially since any cancer cell would be considered abnormal.

In regards ***** ***** question, there are no normal TCC's only normal transitional cells. These are the normal cells to find lining the bladder and renal pelvis of the kidney. They can sometimes be found in the urine when the bladder has shed a layer of cells and more often when the bladder is inflamed or or damaged. If a transitional cell is abnormal that means that it either has an abnormal nucleus (sometimes with more internal structures then it should have), abnormal cytoplasm to nucleus ratio, an abnormal shape, or may be showing abnormal division. If the majority of these are seen, then they would be abnormal, cancerous, and referred to as a transitional cells carcinoma cell. So, this would be a worry if there are abnormal cells of this type, but if it only had a few of those changes then a pathologist analysing the cells may not be able to call it cancerous only abnormal and thus suspicious of cancer.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Please rate me afterwards by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It seems I can't reply. It keeps freezing on me I will try though so please bare with me if you can
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello again,

I can see this message, so it looks like that it is working now. :)

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 28 days ago.
Hi Diane,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Bailee. How is everything going?

Dr. B.