Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

What should I add to home made dog food for proper

Customer Question

what should I add to home made dog food for proper nutrition ,
I am presently using chicken ,rice ,green beans ,carrots and some times eggs .
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 28 days ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

I am unable to offer a phone call at this time.

1) Do any of the dogs have any past history of illness? If so, what?
2) For what purpose are you feeding the home diet? Anyone suffering from GI problems?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
i started this diet because one of my yurkies has chronic renalfailure however they all want to eat the same thing .
I have been concened that the other 3 have the nutrition the need.
I have reserched on line for proper diets making my own and have become very confused , each sight offering recipies conterdict the one previously viewed ,

I'm afraid you're going to find that. Because you do have a dog that has CRF, it would be safest for all dogs involved to do a consult with veterinary nutritionists from Not only will they be able to tell you what to add to this diet that you're already feeding to ensure that it is nutritionally sound for everyone, but they can ensure that none of the ingredients and amounts will harm your CRF Yorkie.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page:

Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 27 days ago.

Checking in, Carol. Have you had a chance to speak with BalanceIt or visit their website?