Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Reocurring mouth ulcers. Her teeth have been cleaned by the

Customer Question

Reocurring mouth ulcers. Her teeth have been cleaned by the vet. She's been on two different medications. This time the medicine did not work. Her upper lips on both the right and left side are inflamed, red, sores and bleeding. She's a cocker spaniel and has lip folds. I'm wondering what the next step is. Thanks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She is 11 years old and has been in good health till this started about 4 months age. She has lost 10 pounds because of this. She was put on a stronger antibiotic the third time around but that isn't helping at all this time. We've been using a dental rinse also. I dry and clean her lip area about every hour because of saliva and blood build up.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 26 days ago.

Hi! This is Dr. Evans, do you have some time to chat now?