Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 year old Yorkshire Terrier's floating rib is visually

Customer Question

My 7 year old Yorkshire Terrier's floating rib is visually protruding. I took him to the Vet with X-Ray and blood test about 6 months ago and the result is his liver is enlarged and nothing in the blood test indicate any disease. The Vet said no treatment and wait and see. He is active and happy and alert and love to play. Is it because I spoil him with his favorite US Made Bully stick?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the Yorkshire terrier's name?
Customer: Goliath. He is 7 pound. Is Bully Stick chew daily for 1/2 hour is bad?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Goliath?
Customer: No, just having a second opinion if what the Vet said to wait and see is the right approach we should take?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
How much longer do I have to wait for an answer?
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 2 months ago.

Hello, JACustomer. I have been a Veterinary Nurse for over 15 years and would be happy to help you today. I'm reviewing your question right now.

The bully stick specifically is unlikely to be a direct cause for him not having any illness that has shown up on the blood work, but it is a testament to the quality of care that you give Goliath. It would be wise to have annual blood work run to continue to check for future issues, but it certainly won't hurt to keep giving the bully sticks since he clearly enjoys them.

I’ll be standing by if you have other questions. Let me know if I can help further.

Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had? If questions remain, please reply and let me know how I can assist.

Before signing off today, please take the time to use the star rating system at the top of the page to leave a rating for me. Until this is done, the website will not compensate me for helping you.

If you would like to request me in the future for pet-related questions, you can do so by accessing this page: http://www.justanswer.com/pet/expert-pitrottmommy/?rpt=3800

Checking in, Customer. How is Goliath doing? Did you have any other questions?