Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I took my 8 year old schnauzer in for her vaccines on the

Customer Question

I took my 8 year old schnauzer in for her vaccines on the 20th @ 10:30 a.m. She also had an open sore on her back and the vet gave her cefpodoxime 100 mg plus pills to take at home. By 5:00 that same day she was very lethargic. Took her to Emergency care and they treated her for back pain with several shots and meds. By 7:00 the next day she was completely paralyzed. I need to know what caused this as it started at the vets office on Tues.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: She was perfectly healthy. I believe the Emergency room vet treated her without talking to the first vet with meds. We took her to a teaching Clinic and they diagnosed her with myasthenia gravis. She is 100% now but I need to know if the first Vet gave her too much medication as well as at the emergency vet. 3,500 dollars later I need answers
Submitted: 29 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Jeffrey Evans replied 29 days ago.

Hi! This is Dr. Evans, do you have some time to chat now?

Are you still there?