Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Is there any interactions between metoclopramide and

Customer Question

Is there any interactions between metoclopramide and tramadol? Morgan becomes very shaky and bloated in the evening so I'm wondering if this could be from the metoclopramide or a combination of both.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 27 days ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, it is unlikely that these drugs in combination are causing his signs. Instead, its possible the non-specific shaking is due to him feeling unwell or uncomfortable with the bloating. This in turn could be related to gas build up in the gut secondary to constipation which the Tramadol can cause. Therefore, if he has slower gut transit leading to irregular stool habits and gas build up, then you may want to speak to his vet about alternative pain relief. Otherwise, you could try adding fiber (ie canned pumpkin, all bran) or OTC cat hair ball treatment to his food to keep everything moving in the gut. If he is very gassy, then activated charcoal +/- an OTC canine probiotic could be used to reduce gas and keep the good gut bacteria healthy. Finally, if he is severely bloated to the point of belly pain or paling of his gums; then we'd want him to see his vet urgently as we can see non-drug related bloat from blockages and gut twists in some dogs.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )