JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-
JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-,
Experience:  Emergency Veterinarian at Carolina Veterinary Specialists
94585309

Dog ate clothes that gasloine had spilled onto. Do we need

Customer Question

Dog ate clothes that gasloine had spilled onto. Do we need to take her to the vet immediately?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: TinkerBelle and she's about 10 or 11 years ago
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about TinkerBelle?
Customer: She's had lymphoma cancer and currently has kidney disease
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 9 months ago.

Hi there! I do think that TinkerBelle should be seen first thing this morning. The gasoline can definitely cause some significant gastrointestinal upset (vomiting, diarrhea, anorexia), but the clothes are actually more concerning, as they can cause an obstruction which may require surgery. With her history of lymphoma and kidney disease, it would obviously be best to try to avoid surgery if at all possible. Your veterinarian will probably start with Xrays to see if the cloth is still within the stomach. If it is, they may want to induce emesis (try to make her vomit). If not, they may recommend admitting her to the hospital for intravenous fluids to see if they can help her pass it that way. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Tinkerbelle! Please let me know if you have any other questions/concerns. _ Dr. C

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you.

You are most welcome! How is little TinkerBell doing?

Expert:  JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r- replied 8 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

JACUSTOMER-2ggpt01r-