Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

She had surgery to remove growths on her shout they

Customer Question

She had surgery to remove growths on her shout they determined was a fungus. The removed the lumps and treated her with Ketocanazole. Now a lump has reappeared and they are treating her again with the same medicine. Just now she lost bladder control while lying on the kitchen floor. What would you do if you were me? Thank you.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Her name is ***** ***** she is about 9 years old. She is a 100 pound female collie. Thank you.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Shelby?
Customer: She lost bladder control with another medicine as well just last year. We had to hire carpet cleaners. I feel sorry for her. Shelby feels bad.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help you and Shelby. A few questions to better assess your situation.

1. Did she lose bladder control with her first round of Ketoconazole?

2. You mentioned it happened while lying down, did she know she urinated or did she seem surprised?

3. Is she drinking more?