Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Is 15 and just diagnosed with brain tumor.,,walking only to

Customer Question

Jane is 15 and just diagnosed with brain tumor.,,walking only to her right. 15 and half year old. On predisone to see if any relief. Pacing. Exhausted because she cannot sit down or lay down. Wondering if pain from tumor or back problem. Am thinking of going to Chiropracter that does dogs.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Jane?
Customer: Her name is***** Shih Tzu. Also just dx of kidney disease. All in same week. Want to give her relief. On predisone but does not allow her to sit or lay down. Also wonder if brain tumor could cause muscle weakness in back.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

What does of Prednisone is she on? How much does she weigh?

How long has she been on these?

Any stomach upset, appetite changes, belly discomfort when you press there, or black stools?

Does she show any signs of discomfort if you press along her back and hips?