Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My 7 year old gerrman shepherd is pacing. She keeps walking

Customer Question

My 7 year old gerrman shepherd is pacing. She keeps walking up to me and crys then paces some more. She is drooling and the droll is thick and white. She is drinking a lot. She I take her to the emergency vet?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The noise must be worrying. I'll connect you to the Veterinarian. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Ava
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Ava?
Customer: No
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your answer now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes

Hello again

I have worked out a very quick answer for you below.

1. The best thing to do is to give the ER vet a call without delay. I have seen some dogs present like this where the diagnosis turned out to be a twisted stomach { Bloat }

2. Best play safe, if this is the diagnosis then every minute counts, this can be a quickly fatal condition.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Ava is getting on after our recent dialogue ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.